Sunday, January 31, 2016

hope

I just loved what she said.

"I don't know why, but when I'm driving and I get lost, I drive faster!"

And it just has me thinking so much of those times we feel lost, and how rather than sit and stay in the spot where we are (as our parents instructed us when we were little) we run! 

And in the wrong direction.
And then we run faster.
Until we don't even remember what we are running from.
We just know we are far away and have no way back.

And yet we do.
There's always a way.
It's called hope.

It's hard.
Staying still when you feel lost.
Because the fear is that no one will find you.
And yet the reality is, you were never on your own.

Remember.
He calms the storms and controls the seas.
He is your anchor.

Stop driving so fast.
Give him the wheel.
Hold on to hope.